AIR QUALITY: The District Team has been monitoring the Air Quality Index in the Fraser Valley over the weekend. There continues to be an advisory in place for Monday. The recommendation is to limit smoke exposure for staff and students, recognizing some individuals have different vulnerabilities as outlined in the Air Quality advisory. Limiting smoke exposure involves remaining indoors, ideally in climate controlled environment, and closing doors and windows. Outdoor activities, particularly strenuous activities are not recommended. We will continue to ensure that our HVAC and air filtration systems are circulating fresh air throughout our buildings. The updated Air Quality Advisory on the Environment Canada website indicates that, “smoke levels on Monday are expected to be lower." We will continue to monitor the situation.
STAGE 2 RESTART K – 12 EDUCATION OPTIONS
Please see the Stage 2 Restart Plan for updates on new and available options for parents and students.
Update on School Start-up ~ August 26th
Please see the letter and summary attached below.
Superintendent's Message ~ School Start-Up September 2020
New Playground is open!
We are so excited and grateful that our new playground is officially complete and open for use as of August 19th. Click to see the City's press release.
Superintendent's statement on Racism and Discrimination
Please see the letter, dated June 9th, as an attachment at the bottom of this page.
Please do not come to the school unannounced.
You can also find the "Letter's to Families" files, sent out by our Superintendent at the bottom of our page.
Happy Birthday to:
Briar, Troy, Christian & Ruby!
Our Motto - Strong Learners, Kind Hearts
Our vision is to inspire all to reach their individual potential, become socially responsible citizens and to develop a love of learning.
- Connecting- positive relationships foster connections, a sense of belonging and inclusiveness
- Empowering- opportunities inspire and engage students to be responsible learners with a passion to empower themselves and others
- Learning- a learning environment that is flexible and purposeful allows students to achieve success
- Thinking- creative and critical thinking leads to new understanding.
E-Registration for the 2020/21 school year is open. https://sd33.bc.ca/registration
- A system generated confirmation email will be sent to you when your registration is received.
- The catchment school will contact you regarding your requested registration in the new year (January 2019).
Click here to locate your neighbourhood school by address: School Locator